The Snapette Team is always so thrilled to come across Snapette fashionistas posting amazing photographs of the latest fashion trending in stores worldwide. This week we discovered Visala of the blog V-for-Visala. She’s based out of Hong Kong and loves snapping the latest and staple collections from higher end designers. Her snaps are absolutely drool worthy! Follow her Snapette profile here >
1. Tell us about you! I’m a fashion blogger from a self-own blog – www.V-for-Visala.com. Armed with a unique and rare name, I named the blog after myself, using the letter ‘V’ for ‘Visala’. The blog shares my fashion journey, from everyday self-styled outfits, to latest fashion previews, cocktail parties, and discoveries of emerging designers and boutiques. It is a platform where I hope people could be fascinated and get inspired.
2. How did you first hear about the Snapette app and what do you like about it? I first heard it from my friend, she knows how important fashion social platforms are for a fashion blogger, and therefore will keep me update with the newest / upcoming fashion apps. Snapette caught my interest when my friend told me it’s a fashion app where you get to share your shopping recommendations. I like how different Snapette is in comparing with other fashion apps, it’s not about sharing our daily outfits or moodboards, but the items that make us look chic. Besides, you can always get to know what’s currently “on rack” in boutiques, it’s like a focused-online-shopping-directory.
3. Favorite designers and why? There’s a lot. And I’d have to say The Queen of Punk — Vivienne Westwood is the first one who I fell in love with. I’ve had my dark rebellious moments, I was lost and kept thinking no one will appreciate or accept the Punks. It’s the energy, the spirit and the design concept of Vivienne Westwood who have inspired and transformed me. I also like Riccardo Tisci from Givenchy, Alexander McQueen, John Galliano, Gareth Pugh, Kermit Teroso…. there’s a lot! Phillip Lim, Mary Katrantzou and Marjan Pejoski and Koji Maruyama – the two talented ones from KTZ has been recently added onto my list as well. But Vivienne Westwood is my best favorite amongst all, I won’t have the courage to pursue my dream without her.
4. What are 5 pieces currently on your wishlist?
1. Valentino FW13 red studded clutch
3. Vivienne Westwood Gold Label tartan platform sandals (FW12)
4. M.A.M.E transparent clutch
5. Alexander McQueen skull ring in gold
5. Why is fashion important to you? I’ve been fascinated by the glamor of the fashion world ever since I first picked up and flipped through the styling editorial spreads of VOGUE. I believed that clothes can reveal one’s characteristics, personality, and even mood. It tells a story and express our individualities. And Fashion, can be described as the “center universe” where all these “clothes” came from. When I’m having a bad mood (or a blue one), and have no one to express, I’ll just “wear my mood out” and let the depression release through it ; When I’m stressed out, I’ll give myself a break by doing window shopping. It always makes me happy and cheers me up.